Friday 26 August 2011

My big 3-0 holidays - San Francisco

10th July 2010 - Summer in San Francisco = Winter in Sydney!


Hello...Yes I am alive and kicking and I finally have access to a computer!! 

Can't believe its nearly 2 weeks since I left Sydney on this great big holiday around the world - seems like only 2 days!  Time sure flies when you're having fun  :)

San Francisco is a really pretty city, with the trams and hills - its a killer walking up those but its a great workout I reckon!  The Fisherman's Wharf is very similar to the one in Fremantle (WA) and the world famous clam chowder is over-rated unfortunately.

Visited Muir Woods where there are redwood trees which are massive and Yosemite's sharp cliffs, huge waterfalls and sequoias are just awesome, I felt so insignificant next to these giants which have been around for over 1000 years!

However, the weather in SF is slightly strange to me... it is summer there but its like winter weather - freezing cold and no different from when I left Sydney.  Apparently Mark Twain once said "The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco." - how true!!

Oh and a trip to San Francisco is not complete without a stop (and perhaps shop) at the Levi's jeans store  ;)


Hotel: The Mosser 

Helpful & friendly concierge
Coin laundry
Bathrobe provided for the awkward walk to the shared bathroom down the hall  ;)
 
http://www.themosser.com/


Obligatory shot of the Golden Gate Bridge




The famous clam chowder


Crabs meet their fates in the big pot of boiling water


Towering Redwoods


Beautiful Yosemite





Love the murals


 
Inside the Levi's shop
The most expensive meal on my trip - freshly shucked oysters and seared scallops @ Hog Island Oyster Company (Ferry Building SF)


Jalapeno rings at DelTaco - spicy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment